Geeta kumari Phogat, age 28 (15 Dec 1988) was an Indian 55kgs freestyle wrestler who won the first ever gold medal for India in 2010 commonwealth games and first woman wrestler to qualified for summer Olympic games which held in 2012. Has turned into a materialistic trifle for ladies all around. Before the Phogat sisters entered the universe of wrestling, the kindness of their dad Mahavir Singh Phogat, India was horribly careless in regards to the many battles confronted by female competitors in the nation.
Geeta Receiving Arjun Award
She won 4 gold, 1 silver, and 3 bronze medals and Arjun award in 2012. Director Nitesh Tiwari Casting Aamir Khan, Made Dangal (2016) Movie the real story of the two young ladies from a town in Haryana which made the nation to know about Phogat sisters story. In October 2016, Haryana cabinet appointed her as a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) for Haryana
Aamir Khan with Real Dangal Sisters
Gold – 4
Silver – 1
Bronze – 3
Childhood & Early Life
Geeta Phogat emerged from the small village Bilali in the Bhiwani district in Haryana. She was Born on 15 December 1988, Elder daughter for Mahavir Singh Phogat, Her training in the beginning years changed into very tough and difficult as her dad might make sure Geeta and her sister Babita could wake them up at 3:30 AM and exercise inside the akhara for three hours. and then they would go to high school, come back and then practice again for two-three hours within the akhara. Geeta, in an interview, said that the akhara and her father would be the only thing her sister and she would see at that point in their lives.
Personal Life & Family
Geetha Phogat married Pawan Kumar Delhi-based wrestler in November 2016. Her college education was completed at MDU, Rohtak, Haryana and Her hobbies are Traveling and running.
Geeta Phogat Husband Pawan Kumar
Sakshi Mallik at Geeta Phogat Marriage
Geeta Phogat Height – 5.3′ inches (162 cm)
Weight – 55 kgs (121lbs)
Zodiac sign – Sagittarius
Geeta Kumari Workout
Geetha Phogat Family
Geeta is the elder daughter of Mahavir Singh Phogat, a former wrestler himself and a Dronacharya Award winner is also her coach in early days. He left his job to train her daughters. Her Mother Shobha Kaur is the housewife and she had four sisters. Her sister Babita Kumari and her cousin Vinesh Phogat are also Commonwealth Games gold medalists held at Jalandhar and Ritu. Both won Gold medals in their particular categories in 2014 Commonwealth Games. Another younger sister Ritu Phogat too is an international-level wrestler and has won a gold medal at the 2016 Commonwealth Wrestling Championship. Geetha had a cousin brother Modu
Phogat Sisters with Brother
Career & Achievements
- In 2009 Phogat won the Gold medal at Commonwealth Wrestling Championship held in Jalandhar, Punjab.
- 2010 She won India’s first ever gold medal in Commonwealth Games held in New Delhi, beating Emily Bensted from Australia in gold medal match
Geeta Phogat Commonwealth Games 2010 Final Match
- In 2012 Summer Olympics Phogat won a gold medal in the Wrestling FILA Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament that concluded at Almaty, Kazakhstan in April 2012.
Geeta Wrestling in FILA Asian Olympics
Geeta Phogat Coach
- Phogat was beaten in her opening fight by Canadian Tonya Verbeek (1–3).She received a chance to win the bronze medal since the Canadian went to the finals. In the repechage round, she lost her first match to Lazareva from Ukraine.
- 2012 Geetha won the Bronze medal in World Wrestling Championships held in Canada. In 55kgs category by defeating Mongolian wrestler Sumiya
- 2013 Commonwealth Wrestling Championships held in South Africa Geetha Defeated by Nigerian Wrestler in the finals and satisfied with the Silver medal in 59kgs Freestyle category.
- 2015 Asian Wrestling Championships Geetha Phogat won Bronze medal held in Doha and in Championships in Las Vegas, she was drawn against nine-time world Champion.